Planetary Formation at INAF-IAPS
- 07/2016 - ongoing: staff researcher at the Institute for Space Astrophysics and Planetology (INAF-IAPS) in Rome.
Affiliations and memberships
Research experience and previous positions
- 05/2013 - 05/2016: researcher (fixed term) in the Juno-JIRAM project at the Institute for Space Astrophysics and Planetology (INAF-IAPS) in Rome. Project leader: Dr. Alberto Adriani (INAF-IAPS).
- 05/2012 - 04/2013: senior postdoctoral research associate at INAF-IAPS in Rome. Scientific supervisor: Dr. Alberto Adriani (INAF-IAPS).
- 06/2007 - 04/2012: postdoctoral research associate at the Institute for Physics of Interplanetary Space (INAF-IFSI) in Rome. Scientific supervisor: Dr. Angioletta Coradini (INAF-IFSI).
- 03/2004 - 02/2005: research assistant in the context of the CISAS-ESA contract "Spacecraft Disturbances from Hyper-velocity Impacts" for the development of software for the analysis of shock signals for the CISAS Hyper-velocity Facility. Scientific supervisor: Prof. Francesco Angrilli (University of Padova).
Other working experiences
- 03/2005 - 04/2005: collaboration with the Research Center on Transport Policies (TRASPOL) of the Polytechnic University in Milan to develop software in C++ language for management of data on car accidents from the Italian Ministry of Transport.
Appointments and roles in national or international projects
- 02/2016 - now: ESA representative in the NASA Science Definition Team for future space missions to the ice giants Uranus and Neptune. Link: http://www.lpi.usra.edu/icegiants/
- 06/2015 - 03/2017: member of the ESA Science Study Team for the M4 mission candidate ARIEL.
- 07/2014 - now: scientific working group coordinator on planetary formation and co-author of the ESA M4 mission proposal ARIEL. Link: http://ariel-m4.sciencesconf.org/
- 04/2012 - now: member of the GAPS consortium (Global Architecture of Planetary Systems) for the study of extrasolar planets with the HARPS-N instrument at the Telescopio Nazionale Galileo.
- 02/2012 - 02/2014: member of the science team of the ESA M3 mission proposal Exoplanet Characterization Observatory (EChO). Link: www.echo-spacemission.com
- 02/2012 - now: scientific team member of the MAJIS spectrometer on-board ESA L1 mission Jupiter Icy moons Explorer (JUICE). Link: http://sci.esa.int/juice/
- 12/2010 - now: scientific team member of the VIR spectrometer on-board the NASA mission Dawn. Link: http://dawn.jpl.nasa.gov/
- 06/2009 - 06/2010: member of the Origins working group for the ESA-NASA joint mission proposal Europa Jupiter System Mission (EJSM), now ESA L1 mission JUICE, and co-author of the EJSM Origins White Document (e-print arXiv:1005.0991). Link: http://sci.esa.int/ejsm
- 01/2009 - 01/2012: deputy science manager for the Small Bodies and Dust Node in the framework of the FP7 Europlanet Research Infrastructure program. Link: http://www.europlanet-ri.eu
- 11/2007 - 12/2008: deputy science manager for the Small Bodies and Dust Node project in the framework of the FP6 EUROPLANET program. Link: http://epn-fp6.cesr.fr
- 11/2006 - 07/2007: co-author of the ESA L1 mission proposal Laplace, now ESA L1 mission JUICE, and deputy leader of the Origins working group. Link: http://jupiter-europa.cesr.fr
Organization of scientific workshops and conferences
- 04/2017 - 07/2018: main scientific organizer of event B1.3 "Growing Up: the Long Journey of Planetary Systems from Interstellar Volatiles and Refractories to Asteroids, Comets, and Planets" at the 42nd COSPAR Scientific Assembly, to be held in Pasadena on 14-22/7/2018. Link: http://cospar2018.org/
- 05/2016 - 11/2016: convener of the ARIEL Space Mission Conference held in Brussels, Belgium, on 21-23 November 2016. Link: http://arielconference.eu/
- 03/2015 - 10/2015: convener of session EX4 "Formation and Dynamical Evolution of Planetary Systems" at the EPSC 2015 held in Nantes, France, from 27/9 to 2/10/2015. Link: www.epsc2015.eu
- 08/2014 - 07/2016: main scientific organizer of event B0.5 "Planetary Formation: from Dust to Giant Exoplanets" at the 41st COSPAR Scientific Assembly, to be held in Istanbul on 30/7-7/8/2016. Link: https://cosparhq.cnes.fr/content/cospar-2016-0
- 03/2014 - 09/2014: convener of session EX4 "Formation and Dynamical Evolution of Planetary Systems" at EPSC 2014 held in Cascais, Portugal, on 7-12 September 2014. Link: http://www.epsc2014.eu
- 01/2008 - 11/2008: convener the session "Origins of the Moons" at the second Europlanet-ISSI Joint Workshop Moons of the outer Solar System: exchange processes involving the interiors held in Bern, Switzerland, on 17-21/11/2008. Link: http://www.issibern.ch/workshops/icy_moons
Experience as referee
- Referee for the following journals:
- Geophysical Research Letters
- The Astrophysical Journal
- Space Science Reviews
- Astrophysics and Space Science
- Referee for the following organizations:
- National Research, Development and Innovation Office (NKFIH, Hungary)
Webmaster: Mirko Riazzoli