Solar System and Exoplanets Formation at INAF
Roles as Principal Investigator, Project and Work Package Coordinator
- 03/2021 - ongoing: work package coordinator in the ASI-INAF contract for phase B2/C for the national participation to the ESA space mission Ariel. Funding: 35000 € (funds directly managed for the work package, not including travel funds).
- 03/2021 - ongoing: work package coordinator for the national project Planetary systems at young ages (PLATEA) funded by INAF in the framework of the PRIN INAF 2020 call. Funding: 17000 € (funds directly managed for the work package).
- 06/2019 - ongoing: principal investigator of the national project Ariel and the astrochemical link between circumstellar disks and planets funded by INAF in the framework of its Main Stream 2018 call. Funding: 32500 €.
- 08/2017 - ongoing: node coordinator in the national project GENESIS-SKA: General conditions in early planetary systems for the rise of life with SKA funded by the Italian National Institute for Astrophysics in the framework of its PRIN SKA-CTA 2016 program. Funding: 28000 € (funds directly managed for the work package). Link: https://www.genesis.inaf.it.
- 08/2014 - ongoing: scientific coordinator of the Planet Formation Working Group of the ESA space mission Ariel. Funding: 55000 € (funds directly managed in the framework of the ASI-INAF contracts to support the national participation to the Ariel mission). Link: https://arielmission.space/.
- 06/2014 - 02/2015: national coordinator and member of the international steering committee for Italy of the ESA M4 mission proposal Uranus Pathfinder (P.I.: Christopher Arridge). Funding secured from the Italian Space Agency in case of selection: 30 M€.
- 05/2013 - ongoing: work package coordinator in the ASI-INAF contracts for the national participation to the NASA space mission Juno. Funding: 10000 € (funds directly managed for the work package, not including travel funds).
- 03/2013 - 11/2013: international coordinator of the white paper The ODINUS Mission Concept submitted to the ESA call for ideas for the L2 and L3 missions. The white paper was selected for interview by the ESA Senior Survey Committee and evaluated as appropriate for an L class mission (see report of the Senior Survey Committee at http://sci.esa.int/jump.cfm?oid=53261). Link: http://odinus.iaps.inaf.it.
- 06/2012 - 06/2017: principal investigator of the project Vesta, the key to the origins of the Solar System funded by the International Space Science Institute in Bern in the framework of the International Teams 2012 program. Funding: 24000 CHF (20000 €). Link: http://www.issibern.ch/teams/originsolsys/.
- 06/2009 - 06/2010: principal investigator of the project High Performance Planetology - 2nd Edition (HPP-2E) funded with the funds for basic research of the Institute of Physics of Interplanetary Space (INAF-IFSI) in Rome. Funding: 2000 €.
- 11/2008 - 12/2010: editor of the book Satellites of the Outer Solar System - Exchange Processes Involving the Interiors (ISBN: 978-1-4419-7438-9) published by Springer. Link: https://www.springer.com/astronomy/extraterrestrial+physics,+space+sciences/book/978-1-4419-7438-9.
- 10/2007 - 06/2008: co-principal investigator of the project High Performance Planetology (HPP) funded with the funds for basic research of the Institute of Physics of Interplanetary Space (INAF-IFSI) in Rome. Funding: 10000 €.
Webmaster: Mirko Riazzoli